Wednesday 8 January 2014

Boots Sale Buys.

I have a love hate relationship with sales, particularly January sales. I, like most of us, love a good bargain. I love the feeling of wearing or using something and knowing that I got a special deal on it. It's the queueing that I can't deal with. And the crowds. This is something that isn't only applicable to sales, I'm starting to become that girl who dreads a shopping trip on a Saturday. So I've taken to that grand old invention; the internet. I've done all my January sales shopping, browsing and all, online, and ended up making a sizeable order from New Look, and I'm currently eyeing up a few things from Topshop. 

Walking home from Uni yesterday I passed Boots and decided to have a quick look around. I'd already poured over the website to see if any deals were to be had, however hadn't really found too much I wanted, so I wasn't expecting much, however I came out with armfuls of shopping bags....This is what I got my mitts on! 


Champneys Mens Facial Skincare Set RRP £18 | Sale Price £9
I picked this up for my boyfriend as a little 'just because' gift. I don't know about mens skincare, but Champneys for women can be fairly pricey so I thought for 3 full sized products, £9 was an absolute bargain! 

Soap & Glory 'Once Upon A Lime' Set RRP £18 | Sale Price £9
I'll be honest, I have enough bath and body products to last me until next year, and a vast majority of them are Soap & Glory. Did I need this set? No. Did I want it? Hell yes! If you're a regular reader of my blog you'll know I loved the Sugar Crush range when it first came out and I used it non stop throughout the summer. The one product I didn't try out from the range, however was the body buttercream. £10.50 seemed a little steep for my student budget to cope with. This set has the full sized buttercream, half sized shower cream, miniature scrub and a shower puff for £9. I win.

Vintage Heart Shaped Trinket Dish RRP £8 | Sale Price £4
Shabby chic is taking over my life. Or at the very least my bedroom. This little dish I thought would be perfect for little bits and bobs such as bracelets, earrings etc that I use regularly. 

Starbucks Coffee, Mug & Caramel Syrup Set RRP £14 | Sale Price £7
OK, I admit I wanted this solely for the mug, I have a bit of a thing with quirky mugs, and I'm building up quite a collection. When I eventually set up camp in my own home, I like the idea of having a cupboard full of interesting mugs that have a story behind them rather than a set of generic ones. I haven't tried the coffee yet but the syrup in hot chocolate was yummy! 

Laura Ashley Two Drawer Storage Box RRP £12 | Sale Price £6 
How cute is this? Even the sales assistant that served me was chatting away about how pretty this was. It has two decent sized drawers which are currently housing some beauty bits and bobs that I don't use very often/haven't used yet. I was surprised at how much I can actually fit into them, and for just £6, I'm really happy with my purchase. 

Have you been shopping the sales? 

Gem. Xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment