Tuesday 4 February 2014

Dainty Doll Blusher in '004 You Are My Sunshine' | Review

I have fallen in love. As a matte lover, I never thought I could love a shimmery blush so much, but obviously a girl can change as here I am about to rave about one! 

Dainty Doll is a make up brand by Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud. It's aimed at pale skinned girls, and since I sit somewhere in between pale and not pale, I was intrigued to try something from the range. I bought the shade 'you are my sunshine' last year in a fragrance direct haul, received it and was utterly shocked at how bright and shimmery it looked, so put it in my 'I don't use this often' make up box and that was that! 

After Christmas, I just felt like none of my blushers were doing it for me as they're mostly peachy summery colours, so before automatically buying a new one, like I'm prone to doing, I thought I'd get all my make up out and have a bit of a shake up. That's when I found 'you are my sunshine' again. 



I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, although it looks lovely in the photo, it's actually quite cheap looking plastic. Buuut, it's what's on the inside that counts, and cheap plastic and dodgy clouded mirror aside, the product itself is beautiful! 

Without flash. 
With flash. 

Now I know what you're thinking, it's slightly reminiscent of a certain offering from Nars. And extensive researching and checking online swatches has proved that this little baby is pretty much a perfect match to the infamous Nars 'Orgasm' blush. For a £1.99 fragrance direct bargain I'd say that's pretty good going! 

Left-lightly swatched. Right-heavily swatched. 

The formula of this blush is very soft, you do need to apply with a fairly soft hand, and accept quite a bit of product fallout, but other than that, I have nothing but praise! It blends beautifully and gives a warm glow to the complexion, a perfect pick me up for those cold days and, as it's intended, a perfect match to my winter pale skin! I've been wearing it none stop over the past month and my love is still going strong into February! 


No comments:

Post a Comment