Monday 3 February 2014

Favourites | January 2014

I don't know about you, but after all the craziness of Christmas and new year, January always leaves me feeling deflated and seems to drag like no other month. 2014 has been no exception and I'm actually glad the month of blues is reaching it's end! 

Nevertheless, I have been using this month to get well aquainted with some beauty products. Here are my January best picks! 



Soap and Glory 'Lid Stuff' Eyeshadow Quad
I've forgotten to photograph this, but you find it on the Boots website here. I bought this quad back in the summer last year and I have made a serious dent in at least two of the shades! If you're a neutral palette kinda gal, you NEED this in your life. For £10 you get four gorgeously pigmented shades, perfect for creating a variety of nude looks. The size of each colour is almost exactly the same as a Mac Pro Palette refill but for a fraction of the price, and in my opinion, it's a serious contender quality wise as well! The shades are butter like and apply like a dream, definitely one I'm glad to have in my collection. 

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in 'Peach Blossom' 
This little baby was on my Christmas list and since excitedly opening it on Christmas morning it has been a firm favourite and has lived on my lips through the majority of this month. The perfect sheer peachy nude goes with, and has been going with EVERYTHING!  

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker XL Lip Gloss
Other than my MAC lipstick, this gloss from S&G has lived in my handbag and is perfect for a quick fix throughout the day. I'm quite partial to a gloss at the minute and this smells like caramel, and plumps your lips (Be prepared for immense tingling). The bubblegum pink shade is so cute too and has been pairing quite nicely with my cold flushed cheeks! 

REN Invisible Pores Face Mask
Oh my. When I first used this mask, I must admit me and REN had a bit I a moment, I actually thought I'd fallen in love! We all know what a clay mask does;  draws out imperfections, tightens pores, leaves your skin feeling smooth albeit a tad tight? Well this little beauty does all that except my skin doesn't feel tight, rather it feels soft and just...clean. The best part? REN is against animal testing (something I try to steer clear of as much as I can) and doesn't contain any of the nasties that were all trying to keep away from out skins! 

Sleek Zuri Brightening Night Sirum
Who knew sleek did skincare? I certainly didn't, not even when I bought it! It wasn't until I perused the labels that I noticed the brand discreetly on the back of the packaging! I'm fairly new to sirums but the 'brightening' aspect had me sold. I'm not sure if the effects actually brighten my skin, but it certainly feels plump and injects extra moisture into the skin, which makes for an overall brighter appearance! 

Barry M Nail Polish in 'Berry Cosmo' and Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish in 'Caramel Cupcake'
I have worn nothing but these two shades throughout January, you know you love a shade when you remove it, just to reapply! The Barry M offering is the most gorgeous deep berry, which lived on my nails throughout the first half of January, whilst the Rimmel beige/caramel is the perfect nude, perfectly polished but barely there colour! 

Jergens Natural Aloe Soothing Moisturiser 
I got this for my birthday back in September, and had used it here and there, favouring thicker body butters, however this month with the short days and hectic schedule, I just haven't had time, so I've been reaching for this thinner cream for a quick injection of moisture, and have barely touched any other body moisturiser. It has such a clean scent and leaves me feeling thoroughly moisturised. 

Soap and Glory 'Hand Food' 
I wasn't in the market for a new handcream, however in the 'Yule Monty' set I received for Christmas, there was hand food. I have been having a slight love affair with its marshmallow scent ever since! 

Dainty Doll Blusher Shade '004'
I bought this last year from Fragrance Direct and was thoroughly disappointed when I opened the packaging as I didn't realise it would be so shimmery. It was put into a box and forgotten about. I decided after Christmas to have a make up shuffle, and came across this again. I gave it a go, and with a light hand, it has easily become my go to blush for an everyday make up look. The shimmer is actually perfect for these cold, winter days as it injects some life into my pale skin. It reminds me a lot of the Nars Orgasm blusher, which is a cult favourite, however never appealed to me. After rediscovering the Dainty Doll blush, I may have to rethink... 


No comments:

Post a Comment