Thursday 6 February 2014

To test or not to test? That is the question...

Hello lovelies! 

Today I thought I would talk testing, and no, I don't mean swatches. I'm talking animal testing. I am strictly against animal testing. I'm not naive, and I do realise that a lot of cosmetics do still test on animals, however I do not condone it, and where I can, I always try to go for brands who don't test on animals. I've gotten together a little collection of brands who don't test on bunnies and pooches for you, so without further ado...

(Apologies for the creased sheets! - Oops!)

The Body Shop 
The Body Shop have been against animal testing for as long as I can remember, and are always a safe bet if you want naturally sourced ingredients too! 

Lush 
Not only are Lush against animal testing, they actively fight it, and even have 'against animal testing' printed on their bags. Lush's ingredients are sourced ethically, and are all handmade. They may be a little more pricey, but by paying that little bit more you get so much more in quality. 

Good Things 
Good Things are a brand that are aimed only at young skin, and pride themselves on using no animal ingredients, SLS or parabens. Good stuff, Good Things! 

Sanctuary Spa 
I was actually surprised to find Sanctuary in this list, however when reading the back of a gift set I received for Christmas, there it was in black and white; 'Not tested on animals'. Hurrah!

Sleek
I only own a sirum from Sleek, however since finding out that they are cruelty free, I have my eye on a few blushes! 

Jergens 
Jergens are a new found love for me, I received the Aloe moisturiser for my birthday and love how fresh and clean the scent is, so I was very happy to discover that I can slather this on with no guilt! 

Soap and Glory 
Another brand I was actually very surprised with. Soap and Glory can be found in Boots stores and feature some of the greatest smelling products in the world! 

REN 
Ahh REN, my new love. The 'Invisible Pores Detox Mask' is a firm new favourite of mine, and boasting no nasties as well as no animal testing, my conscience is as squeaky clean as my face! 

Liz Earle
I recently ordered the 'February Favourites' and have to say, I'm seriously Impressed with this range! 

Urban Decay
I'm so happy that I can add Urban Decay to this list. Apparently they were in talks with a company in China about selling the brand, however pulled out as they found that selling would go against their beliefs and morals about testing. Good on yer, UD! 

Rimmel 
I was utterly shocked to hear about Rimmel - I have a feeling it was a recent change with the new laws that have forced this brand to find alternative methods. I may be wrong, but I always presume that make up brands automatically test...I know, I need to move with the times! 

Barry M 
I guess you dont really think about mainly nail polish brands testing, but I guess they have to. Thankfully Barry M have taken a stance against testing on the furry ones and have found other ways! 

Bourjois 
Again, another popular high street brand I'm happy to report are cruelty free!!

Bumble and Bumble
Possibly one of the most hyped brands of 2013, I highly recommend you try them out if you haven't already, especially now you know their products come without a side order of guilt! 

Illamasqua
Finally, Illamasqua. I own one of their blushers, and absolutely love the formula and pigmentation, so i'm over the moon that I can colour my cheeks without thinking about what else might have had a makeover in the process!  

Obviously, this list is only naming a few, as animal testing in Europe has been banned (Yay!), and generally, only brands who's products are made outside of Europe are still tested (MAC, I'm lookin' at you!) But we now have a much wider variety of non tested choices and can now shop safe in the knowledge that no animals were harmed in the making of our appearance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment