Monday 17 June 2013

NOTD: Sinful Colours 'Be Happy'.

Hello lovelies! 

So this last week has been....eventful. My Degree Show preparations had been underway all week, ready for Friday evenings preview night, which I was quite excited for. Thursday afternoon, however, silly old me decided to trap my finger in a door and ended up in A&E for 3 hours. It turns out I've broken my left index finger and had to have my entire nail taken off. =( If you follow my twitter (@thegemmine), you'll know this, and know how difficult it's making everyday life. Luckily for me, my lovely boyfriend has been waiting on me hand and foot, even to the point of helping me to wash my hair! What a sweetie. 
Anyhoo, today my finger hasn't been hurting AS much as the last few days, and I've felt a little more perky, so treated my nine remaining nails to a change of polish. Let me introduce you to 'Be Happy'.


The Sinful Colors range have recently been added to the Boots ever expanding aisles, and for the bargain price of £1.99 a bottle, I can totally see why bloggers are going crazy for these little polishes. 

Firstly, the range of colours is incredible; there must be over 40 different shades to choose from! It took me a good 15 minutes to actually narrow down my selection. I came out with three shades in the end, A gorgeous coral pink 'Island Coral', and creamy coral 'Orange Cream' and the most amazing minty, turquoise 'Be Happy', which I've decided to debut on my nails this evening. 


As you can see from the above swatch, the colour in the bottle is exactly what you get on the nails. Being so cheap, I was expecting a good 3 coats to get an opaque finish, however I only needed 2 coats for the finish you can see in the image. I wont say that these are the best nail polishes in the world; the formula can be quite thick and gloopy, however 2 coats applied thinly and allowed to dry properly before going about your day (not easy for somebody impatient like me), gives good coverage that lasts at least 2 days before chipping and tip wear occurs. For £1.99, I'd say that's value for money, and I imagine more shades will be making their way into my collection very soon! 

As my Degree Show is in full swing now, my sculptures are installed, and I've received multiple compliments on them, I thought I'd give you a sneak peak....


I'd love to hear what you think of my sculptures, so feel free to drop me a comment or tweet. I always reply so do check back! 

Which Sinful Colors have taken your fancy? 

Toodles! 







No comments:

Post a Comment