Monday 24 June 2013

What's On My Face | The Everyday Edit.


Since breaking my finger, it's been made clear to me just how much I rely on my left hand for simple things like putting on my make up. Because of this, I haven't been switching my make-up around as much as usual, and have been using the same look, as it's easier. 

Bases
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 'Soft Beige': This is my go-to foundation for this time of year, as it gives a nice medium finish, with an SPF factor; always important!
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer: This concealer has a peachy tint, which is great for counteracting the dark circles, although I wish it had a little more coverage. 
Soap & Glory Trick and Treatment Concealer: I'm suffering from some pretty impressive dark circles at the minute, hence the two concealers. I like to use this one on top of my Rimmel one for extra coverage. This one has a slight shimmer which illuminates the area, making dark circles appear reduced. 

Contour & Blush
Bourjois Chocolate Bronzing Powder: At the minute, i'm favouring a more matte finish, which means a bronzer with shimmer is a no-go. This one from Bourjois only has a very slight shimmer, which isn't really noticeable, and can be used as a sheer layer of warmth, or built up to create a more contoured look. 
Revlon Matte Blush in 'Rose Rapture': I bought this about 3/4 months ago, and have made a serious dent in it already. I absolutely love this blush - it's perfect for everyday wear, and as it has a matte finish, it's not too showy for the daytime, which is what I prefer. 

Eyes
It's About Prime Eye Primer: I bought this on a whim from Soap & Glory when they had an offer on. I think it retails at around £9, and I bought it as a cheaper alternative to the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It does create a base which helps the shadows to stay a few hours longer, however once this has run out, I think i'll be going back to the Urban Decay counter. 
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette: I'm not going to bore you with yet another rave about how amazing these shadows are, I think it speaks for itself as to why these are a staple in my routine. 
Benefit They're Real Mascara: Again, there's no point telling you how amazing this mascara is, all I'll say is you need this in your life. 
Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara: The only reason I've included this mascara is because I'm trying to use it up. It's one of the worst mascaras I've used in a long time. Not only is the formula dry and flakey, it just does nothing for my eye lashes other than make them clump together. 

Lips
ELF Studio Lip Exfoliator: This lip scrub is so convenient. It comes in lipstick form, which is so easy to use, and doesn't involve scooping product out of a tub, making priming my lips for lipstick so easy. It also leaves behind a balm-like finish, which moisturises. 
Calvin Klein Delicious Truth Lipstick in 'Illusion': I've been doing the minimal make up look thing lately, and this lipstick is the perfect colour for that effortless look. It's sheer, yet has a gorgeous light pink tone which just brightens up the face. The formula is very moisturising and doesn't feel too heavy on the lips. 

So there we have it, my everyday face of the moment. 

What have you been wearing lately? 



No comments:

Post a Comment