Wednesday 21 August 2013

Bourjois Colour Boost Lipstick in 'Orange Punch' | Review


Hi! 

Little mid-week review for you! For those of you who haven't already met, let me introduce you to Bourjois' latest addition to their ever expanding family; the colour boost lipsticks. 

You might know I actually bought the shade 'Orange Punch' along with a few other Bourjois goodies about a month ago when these lip crayon's first came out. After a month of usage, I think I have a pretty good grasp on what I think about 'Orange Punch'. 


First of all, the packaging I initially really liked. The 'chubby stick' style twist up applicator makes the lipstick easy to apply and fuss free. However, I'm not sure if you can see in the images, but after a month of living in my make up bag and various handbags, the silver writing has started to wear off - one of my pet hates with make up! Not good enough Bourjois! 


Thankfully, it's only packaging problems I have with this product. As you can see from the swatch above, the colour is a very sheer peachy orange, but can be layered up to create a slightly bolder lip. Be aware that over skin looks a lot different and a lighter shade to how it will look over pink lips. I can sometimes find that I'm wanting a lighter wash of colour like the swatch, rather than a slightly deeper orange on the lip, and have been pairing this with a lighter lip product, such as The Body Shop's Coconut Lip Butter as a base, to give more of a peachy tint. There isn't anything wrong with the darker orange, it's just in the summertime I tend to lean towards lighter shades. I imagine through Autumn I will be sporting this on it's own quite a lot!! 

The formula is very smooth and creamy feeling, and once applied, feels almost like a mix of balm, gloss and lipstick, all rolled into one. If you're not a fan of glossy lips, maybe this isn't for you, but I love a bit of glitz so it's right up my street! It's not in the last bit sticky, which is always a bonus for such a glossy finish! 

I would say that the staying power on this product is pretty good for a glossy finish lipstick; around 2-3 hours without eating or drinking, but it's foolproof to reapply so it doesn't bother me too much. I definitely have my eye on 'Peach on the Beach' as my next purchase! There are 4 colours available at the moment, and don't quote me, but I have a feeling Bourjois may be releasing more colours for the Autumn and Winter. I'm hoping a deep berry shade will be winging it's way to the stores soon! 
If you fancy delving into the world of the chubby stick but don't fancy paying too much, these retail at only £7.99, and boots always have 3 for 2 offers!! For such high quality products (bar slight packaging flaws), I'd say these are quite the bargain! 

Have you tried the Colour Boost Lipsticks? Which is you favourite shade? 




No comments:

Post a Comment