Saturday 31 August 2013

Empties | August


Hey! 

This August has officially been known by me as 'project use up'. I move out (again) tomorrow to start my final year as a student, and I had so many half used products that I made a vow to myself to use up as many as possible so that I wouldn't be taking as many almost empty bottles and tubs with me. I've managed to create quite the collection of empties which even includes make up which never happens! 


Fructis Big Volume Flexible Hold Volume XXL Hairspray: This hairspray is just perfect for me. I'm never usually loyal to hair products, but the fact I've already repurchased this says a lot for me. It doesn't feel sticky or make my hair crispy, it simply holds whilst giving me volume, yet still leaves my hair feeling soft. 
Would I repurchase? Already have done

Batiste Tropical Dry Shampoo: I will quite happily rave about this dry shampoo until the cows come home. I love it! It's the perfect summer pick me up for days when you can't be bothered to do much with your hair. This not only absorbs excess oil, it creates volume and texture too, and smells incredible! 
Would I Repurchase? Already had a can on standby! 


Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo: Oh Aussie. Oh, oh Aussie. If I could only use one hair brand for the rest of my days, I have a feeling Aussie would be right up there in the top choices! I find that all of their products smell incredible and do a great job of making my hair feel squeaky clean and soft. I wouldn't really say that that did an awful lot on the volume front, but I can never really tell as my hair is quite wavy and volumous naturally.. 
Would I Repurchase? Yes

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Colour: I have had this for ages, and truth be told, my colour has mostly grown out now, and i'm sporting more of an ombre look, so I'm not sure I'm using it for it's intended purpose, however, like I've previously said, it doesn't really matter which of these products you use, they will still do amazing things for your hair, and as a 3 minute intensive treatment, it does an amazing job of making my locks feel lovely and soft without weighing them down. 
Would I repurchase? If I coloured my hair again, yes. 


Lush H'suan Wen Hua Hair Moisturiser: I've spoken about this before, and I'm actually quite upset. This tub was the last in my stash. If you can get past the unappealing smell, this moisturiser is amazing! It leaves hair softer than any other deep conditioning treatment I've ever tried. 
Would I repurchase? I might try some others from the range, but I'd definitely revisit H'suan Wen Hua. 

Boots Honey & Jojoba Intensive Hair Mask: I feel like I've had this in my life for longer than I should. I don't know why I've not finished this up sooner, I just tend to use other hair masks over this one. It's fine, and for how cheap it was, there isn't really anything wrong with it, I just have a bit of a 'meh' attitude towards it. 
Would I Repurchase? Probably not. 


Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub: This range from S&G is not to everybody's taste, but I love it. It's incredibly sweet, but undercut with lime to give a bit of sharpness. The scrub itself is fairly abrasive, and really gives a good amount of scrub, without being scratchy. 
Would I Repurchase? Yes. 

The Body Shop Mango Sugar Scrub: I'm very undecided with this scrub, I really liked it when I first got it, but as time's gone on, I'm not sure I like the gloopy, oily residue left behind. Although it does moisturise my skin nicely if left to soak in, lately I've been very impatient and want products that sink into the skin quickly so I've been unimpressed with it in the past few weeks. 
Would I Repurchase? Maybe in the winter months for some extra moisture. 



Garnier Summer Body: I love this. There isn't anything more to say. I'm gutted I've ran out to be honest, as I've promised myself I won't buy any more moisturisers until I've made my way through my stash. It sinks into the skin quickly, leaving a no streaks, no fuss gradual tan with a gorgeous apricot fragrance. 
Would I Repurchase? In a heartbeat. 


Lush Mask Of Magnaminty: Another of Lush's offerings that I always seem to have on standby is Mask of Magnaminty. I find that this doubles as an exfoliant and the minty fragrance makes my skin just feel so fresh and cleansed. 
Would I Repurchase? I have a stash so not at the moment. 


Rimmel Scandaleyes Show Off Mascara: I'm glad to see the back of this mascara. I don't know if I got a dud or not, but it seemed dry and clumpy from word go, and just made my eyes look awful. The brush, a huge bushy number, I imagine would be great if the formula wasn't so dry. Definitely not my cup of tea.
Would I Repurchase? Definitely not. 

Avon Summer Shimmer Lip Care: I bought this under false pretences. I thought the words 'summer' and 'lip care' meant an SPF lip balm, however this balm has no SPF whatsoever, and felt like it as doing anything but 'care' for my lips. I haven't actually finished this, but enough is enough, and I'm throwing it away. 
Would I Repurchase? No. 

What have you used up recently? 


2 comments:

  1. wow! i don't think i get through that many products, i really should start finishing mine up!

    great post !

    love your blog! new follower!

    come and check out mine if you'd like to

    http://zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for following!
      Haha, usually I'd never get through this many, but moving out called for desperate measures!
      I'll check your blog out now! =) Xx

      Delete