Monday 12 August 2013

Shopping the Sales Wishlist | Work & Play

Hello again! 

So I'm broke. Well, not broke, but with my first rent instalment due next month, along with a string of Uni expenses, my purse strings are feeling a little tighter than usual.
 I'm currently going through a stage of torturing myself by 'window shopping' online, particularly at the gorgeous summer sale offerings! Anyway, I've compiled quite the wish list of sale goodies, which I've decided to show you, so that you can share my pain of not being able to click 'checkout'!! 


Ok, so first up we have workwear. In case any of you haven't heard me blabber on about it, this year I'll be training to become a primary school teacher, so I'll spend a lot of the year doing school placement. Obviously this means collecting a sizeable workwear wardrobe doesn't it? 

1. Polka Dot Blazer | River Island | £15 
2. Chambray Blazer | New Look | £15
3. Polka Dot Blazer | Dorothy Perkins | £15

Anyone would think I liked blazers! With A/W closing in fast, blazers will become an everyday essential for me, and these three are a bit different than the every day block colour. 

4. Shape Shoulderless Shirt | Dorothy Perkins | £15
5. Floral Dress | Dorothy Perkins | £18
6. Black Zipped Waist Dress | Topshop | £10

Monochrome is a huge part of my wardrobe when it comes to workwear, and I particularly love the shoulderless shirt, which gives a simple shirt a bit of edge. I love the splash of colour within the Dorothy Perkins dress, which might brighten up a dreary day. A black skater dress is a staple, and the zip gives it a little something extra. At £10, this is an absolute steal! 


All work and no play? Certainly not! Here is my wishlist for items outside of the workplace... 

1. Cream Stitch Bag | River Island | £20
2. Lime Mesh Snood | River Island | £4
3. Button Down Denim Skater Skirt | River Island | £12

Ahhh River Island, how I love thee. Although some of their stock is a little out there for my liking, they never fail to impress me in some way, and these three little gems are a prime example of this. Down from £45, this bag is gorgeous. I am loving the more structured bag at the minute, and the stitch detail on the handle gives it the extra touch. Lime is one of my little obsessions. I just love the vibrancy it gives to an outfit, and I can imagine this snood looking amazing paired with my leather jacket this autumn.  I have lusted after a denim skater skirt all summer. I'm not really sure why I still don't own one, but this little beaut ticks all the boxes for me. 

4. Black Ankle Boot | Dorothy Perkins | £20
5. Floral Patterned Tee | Dorothy Perkins | £7
6. Floral Shoulder Cut Out Detail Dress | Warehouse | £30

Every girl needs two things in their life during autumn and winter. A pair of black ankle boots, and a pair of brown ankle boots. I think I have found my perfect black ankle boots - Dorothy Perkins have certainly stepped up their game as of late! This beautiful patterned tee is so cute, I'm picturing it with a pair of skinny jeans and ankle boots. Finally, the dress from Warehouse is just beautiful. I love the cut out detail, and the pattern is gorgeous. 

So, I think I have well and truly mentally shopped the sales. Are you loving anything from these wish lists?


No comments:

Post a Comment