Friday 10 May 2013

April Empties.


Hi! 

Hope you're all well! this post is a few days later than I'd hoped due to technical difficulties i.e. picmonkey not allowing me to edit my images. 

But i've finally gained control over the internet and showed picmonkey who's boss, so, without further ado, my April empties. 


Collection 2000 Super Size Fat Lash Mascara. 
I've had this for ages, and tended to use it as my every day/going to Uni mascara. I didn't really think much to it until I ran out, but as an every day mascara for days you don't need to crack out the expensive stuff, this is perfect - not too clumpy and the brush is easy to use. I'd definitely repurchase this for an everyday mascara, as at £2.99, you can't really go wrong. 


Dunelm Mill Vanilla Candle.
I featured this candle in my April Favourites post, as I had burned it practically every evening during April. It was only £1, but was a decent size, and gave off a beautiful vanilla scent that just warmed up the room. If I see this again, i'll definitely repurchase. 


The Body Shop Olive Body Butter. 
As you all know, I'm a massive fan of TBS, so naturally this was right up my street! I have a thing for Olive scented things, I just love the slightly earthy scent, which is weird for me as I usually stick to floral/fruity scents, and the moisturising properties that olives have. This butter is luxuriously thick and creamy, and gave an intense moisturise, which is exactly what I needed after such a long winter, and the slight neglect I gave my legs...(oops). I'd definitely repurchase this, but probably not at full price - £13 for a body butter is a bit ridiculous, I think I'll wait for another sale... 

Champneys Mediterranean Bliss Bubble Heaven. 
I got this in a Champneys Miniature set for Christmas, and, to be honest, I'm not too keen on the smell so I've been using them just for the sake of using them up. This bubble bath did give a lot of bubbles, however I was unable to get it out of the bottle without some force. Overall, a thumbs down from me. 

Woodland Escape Indulgent Body Scrub. 
Another gift for Christmas, The 'Woodlands Escape' set came with scrubs, gels, lotions, salts, you name it, it came with it. The quality of these products is fairly poor, as you would expect with these types of sets. The scrub in particular was awful. It was barely a scrub, more like a liquid soap with the tiniest amount of scrub. Definitely won't be repurchasing - I may even give the rest of the set away. 


I get through facemasks like nobodies business, and managed to finish up 3 from Lush in April. 

Catastrophe Cosmetic. 
This is one of Lush's fresh face masks that need to be kept in the fridge and used before it's sell by date. This can mean that you end up wasting some product, but I tend to use these twice/three times a week when I have them to make sure I'm getting my moneys worth!! This mask targets blemish prone skin and has antioxidants like blueberry to help reduce redness and calm the skin down. I don't actually suffer from bad skin, just the occasional blemish here and there so I can't say that this is a wonder product, but I have enjoyed using it, and my pores feel tightened and refreshed after using. I'd probably buy this again, but there are others from this range that I'd like to try first. 

Oatifix. 
Oatifix sounds amazing, like breakfast for your face. It's packed full of oats and banana to exfoliate and soften, and that's exaclty what it does! It smells sort of vanilla-y and a bit like porridge. The application can be a little tricky, as it tends to be difficult to stick to your skin due to the oats, however once applied I usually sit back and watch an episode or two of Friends or Sex & The City, and then pop back to the bathroom to wash it off. Using a muslin cloth/flannel, this is easily removed and you are left with amazingly soft, hydrated skin. I'd definitely repurchase this one for when my skin is going through a dry phase. 

Mask of Magnaminty. 
You've probably heard me harp on about this one before, and you probably will again, but there's good reason. This mask is one of my current go-to's for a quick pick me up. It's slightly grainy so exfoliates, whilst the minty fragrance just lifts your complexion, making it glow. Perfect. I already have another of these on the go! 

Just a quick note: You probably already know, but Lush have a scheme whereby if you bring back 5 empty, clean pots, you are able to pick a fresh face mask to have for free. This is a really good incentive, and is a good way to recycle your empty Lush pots, so get collecting! 


Herbal Essences Dazzling Shine Conditioner.
Herbal Essences are one of my go to brands, and always have a place in my heart for making my hair smooth and soft. I've only dabbled into the shine range so there's not too much to say on them other than from what I have tested, I love them, and will no doubt be repurchasing more of the range soon. 

Herbal Essences Beautifully Straight Shampoo. 
Alas, long gone are the days where I will be able to purchase products claiming to give you straighter, smoother hair. I've jumped in at the deep end and had a loose perm put into my hair, meaning that it's curl creams and frizz free products from now on. Don't worry - I know you have images of a big 80's fro, but it's really just given the natural wave to my hair a bit more definition. It's nice, I promise! 

Lush H'suan Wen hua Hair Moisturiser. 
I've blogged about this one before, and it's still one of the least attractive smelling products I own, however it does the job and really does give me smoother, softer hair which is much more easily manageable and shiny. I usually have one of these in my collection, and already have another in the stash, so I guess that answers the 'would I repurchase' question! 

So that's the products I used up during April! 









No comments:

Post a Comment