Friday 3 May 2013

Collective Haul Part 2: Primark, Boots & More!


Hi! So here we are, part 2 of my collective haul post, and today is the beauty buys! 


Soap & Glory Lid Stuff - What's Nude - Boots - £10
I've spoken about this in my April Favourites post, and plan to do a review soon, so I won't say too much about this except that I've had this for a few weeks now and it hasn't left my lids since then! 

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - Debenhams - £20
How have I never owned an Urban Decay palette before now?! It's absolute love at first application after only 3 days of ownership! I'll do a full review with swatches soon, but basically, it's a winner!! 

Soap & Glory Trick and Treatment Concealer - Boots - £9. 
Also in my April Favourites post, this concealer is great for hiding those pesky dark circles. 

Soap & Glory It's About Prime - Boots - £8. 
I've been using an ELF primer for a while now, and it just wasn't living up to my expectations of what a good primer should be, so i've swapped it for this one, and haven't looked back yet. 

Rimmel Lipsticks - Starting at the top and clockwise: Lasting Finish Lipstick 006 Pink Blush, Moisture Renew Lipstick 600 Soft Coral, Lasting Finish by Kate 03. 

I picked up these lipsticks from fragrance direct, and have been alternating each one for the past 2 weeks. Pink Blush I find needs a balm underneath to keep it looking fresh and not cakey, but gives a pop of pastel pink colour. Soft Coral is my favourite of the three at the moment. It's a perfectly moisturising lipstick in the most perfect coral colour, which is a beautiful 'my lips but better' shade, and is my go-to lipstick of the moment. 03 (I wish they'd give these ones names rather than numbers) is a gorgeous nude colour, which is a slightly darker shade than Mac Shy Girl, It's actually been said to be a dupe of Mac's Cherish lipstick, although I don't own it so I can't comment. It's really moisturising on the lips, and is opaque with one sweep. 

Real Techniques Core Collection  
Ok, these were a gift so shouldn't be included in the haul as I didn't buy them, but they're so amazing I wanted to include them anyway! They were an early graduation gift from the boyfriend, and have pretty much replaced my other make up brushes (As you can probably see by how they need a clean!) I'm planning on doing a full review of these soon. 

Bio Oil - Primark - £6.90 & Garnier Body Summer Body Moisturising Lotion Sun Kissed Look - Boots - £2.56
I have a horrid scar on my left knee from my playground days, as well as a few nice little stretch marks on my legs, which can make showing the pins a little daunting when the suns out. I picked up some Bio Oil in the hopes that it might reduce the appearance of my scar mostly, but if it could work it's magic on  the other little intruders on my legs, that's a bonus! I've only been using it for about a week, so I can't comment on whether it's making a difference, but will keep you posted! 
This Garner lotion reminds me of being on holiday. I literally cannot stop sniffing it, it's so fresh and fruity - I love it! I've actually found that this works much better than other gradual tanners I've used. It leaves my skin really soft and smelling amazing, with a virtually streak free natural looking tan. I cannot rave about this enough - if you're wanting a gradual tanning lotion, please pick this up! You will not regret it! 

So that's my haul over the past few weeks. What have you been treating yourself to lately? 









No comments:

Post a Comment