Saturday 11 May 2013

GOOD THINGS || Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser & Five Minute Facial || Review.



Hi! 

Hope you're all making the most of your weekend on this rather wet and windy Saturday, and doing lots of fun and interesting indoor activities! I'm sat watching the FA Cup Finals with the boy, yawn. 

Anyway, todays post gives reviews on two products I purchased last month, so I've had chance to get a little bit of use from each product. 

The Good Things range is available at Boots, as well as other large supermarkets etc, and was developed by award winning beauty writer Alice Hart-Davis. The range consists of a variety of lotions and potions containing super fruits aimed at making the most of young skin. The range also boast that they are free from Sodium Laureth Sulphates, Parabens, Mineral Oils and Animal Ingredients.  I picked up two of the range whilst they had a "2 for £6" offer; the Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser, and the Five Minute Facial Face Mask. 


I tend to suffer from skin on the oiler side during summer, so I thought it would be a good idea to try out a mattifying moisturiser to try and help keep the excess oil at bay during warmer days. As with all Good Things products, they smell really fruity due to containing super fruit extracts. This moisturiser contains blackcurrant and the ever popular goji berry. 

I expected the cream to be quite a light formula, being targeted for oily skin, however to my surprise, the formula is very thick and dense. I half expected it to leave a thick layer of residue onto my skin, which I wasn't keen on, however it actually sunk into my skin quickly, and left a matte finish, which I found doubled up as a good primer for my make up. Summer hasn't quite arrived yet, so my skin is juggling between oily and dry, meaning that I can't commit to this moisturiser as a daily essential just yet, however once the weather makes it's mind up, my skin will follow suit, and I imagine this little moisturiser will become a must in my beauty routine. This product retails in Boots at £7.99 for a 100ml tube. 


The Five Minute Facial Face Mask is probably the most popular of the range. Containing avocado and again, goji berry(that goji berry's making the rounds!), this face mask again smells gorgeously fruity and fresh. 
This is what the Good Things website has to say about the mask:
 "This mask is a true multi-tasker, designed to make your skin clearer, brighter and smoother, all at the same time. Top ingredients include green clay and kaolin to draw out impurities, avocado oil to moisturise, goji berry extract to soothe and willow bark extract for radiance."

I find that only a thin layer needs to be applied, so this tube will last me a long time. As the mask contains clay, it does give you that telltale tightening sign that it's doing it's job, and after 5-10 minutes the mask is usually dry to the touch. After removing the mask, my skin does generally feel in better condition, and much brighter. I'd definitely repurchase this as it's perfect for a quick lift. This product retails at £5.99 at Boots. 







No comments:

Post a Comment