Friday 31 May 2013

May Favourites!


Honestly, where has this month disappeared to? I can't actually wrap my head around the fact it's June tomorrow, which means it's 30 days until my days as a University student are over and I have to move back home. Crazy. Anyway, on with this months top 10 products... 


Over exposed image or what?! Sorry!! The lighting in my room is just weird today... I'll have to retake this one and replace it at another time... 

1. Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder: I have been loving this little chocolate flavoured beaut this month, and have worn it to contour my cheekbones practically every day. It's subtle enough for everyday use and definitely one of my favourite drugstore bronzers. 

2. Benefit They're Real Mascara: I am such a sheep, and when bloggers from all around started raving about this one, in typical Gem style, I had to have it. My student budget didn't quite stretch to the £18 full sized mascara, however a few weeks ago Elle Magazine had a mini sized freebie, so I snatched it up to see what all the fuss was about. I absolutely love it and wear it most days. I shall definitely be stretching the budget for a full sized version one I run out of this! 

3. The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Care SPF 15: As we've had a sprinkling of sunny days this month, I've been reaching for a lip balm that not only will keep my lips hydrated, but will also give me protection from the sun. This little balm does just that, and has been my most used balm of the month. 


4. The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner: I have the weirdest skin. Sometimes it's oily, sometimes it's dry, sometimes it's normal. This means I constantly have to have different types of skincare available for whatever mood my skin is in. This month, it's been oily, meaning i've been reaching for my most mattifying products. This toner has been great to use before bed, and helps to get rid of the last traces of make up, whilst banishing any excess oil. 

5. Benefit Coralista: Coralista is the most perfect peachy pink toned coral blush, and I've practically wore nothing else this month. It's fairly similar to Nars orgasm, in which it's highly pigmented with a nice shimmer running through. I've been loving wearing coral lips, and this blush is the perfect companion. 


6. Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser: Did I mention I've been producing oil by the bucketload this month? Out with my normal moisturiser, and in with the mattifying one. This is great at giving my skin a matte finish, whilst also moisturising and giving my skin the nourishment it needs. This also acts as a great base for make up; I feel like I don't need a primer when wearing this. 

7: Le Mas Des Collines Lavender Pillow Spray: I've been having real trouble sleeping over the last few months. I'm a worrier, things play on my mind, and before you know it, I'm wide awake and panicking about the silliest little things that are out of my control. I picked up this pillow spray at TK Maxx for £2.99 and although it hasn't really sent me straight to sleep, it helps to create a calming atmosphere, and i've found myself spraying it not only on my pillows, but on my wrists and pulse points. If you don't like lavender scents, i'd steer clear of this as it's very strong, but I quite like it as it reminds me of my Grandma's garden when I was younger. 

8. Next Eau Bloom Eau De Toilette: I wouldn't usually stick in a perfume unless it was something special, but i've been reaching for this one a daily basis; it's definitely a favourite for this month! I'm rubbish at describing scents, but it's very light and crisp, fruity yet almost floral. It's basically the perfect Spring/Summer fragrance, and it's very cheap. I picked up this little 10ml bottle for £3.50, and I'm already half way down so I may have to pick up the 30ml bottle for £6 soon! 


9. Miracle Oil with Argan Oil: This is Aldi's version of Argan Oil, and for saying it was only £3.99, it works a treat. I've used this after every wash and it's helped to keep my hair soft and protected at the ends. I'm not sure, as my hair grows fairly quickly, but i'm certain my hair has grown a bit more than usual since using it too! 

10. Goldwell Curl Love Curl Cream: I talked about this is my The Perm That Killed My Hair & The Products That Brought It Back To Life post, and it really good after a shower on towel dried hair to keep curls in place without making them frizz out, which is a problem with my hair. I've been wearing my hair naturally curly/wavy a lot more since having my perm, and this cream has been my go-to product for a natural style. 

What products have you been loving this month? 


No comments:

Post a Comment