Monday 13 May 2013

The Summer Body #2 || The Tanning Edition.


Hi! 

Today I bring you the second instalment of my Summer body posts. I don't think i'm the only person who starts to frantically buff, polish and tan their bodies to perfection in time for that unexpected day where the sun comes out and it officially becomes 'flashing the flesh' weather. If you're like me, then there is nothing worse than NOT being prepared for this and having to either walk around with pasty legs all day, or hiding them and feeling too hot! I've put together a selection of my current tanners of choice to show you how I achieve my summer glow. 


Garnier Summer Body Gradual Tan Moisturising Lotion 'Deep, Sun-Kissed Look' - Meet my new love in life. I cannot rave about this enough. A lot of people rave about the Palmers gradual tan, however for me, this is the holy grail gradual tanner. I have been using this for about a month now in between my usual body butter. Using this every 3ish days keeps a constant healthy glow to the skin, without streaks! It also has the most amazing fruity smell which I could go on about all day! If you're looking for a new gradul tan, this is the one for you! It also comes in a light version for paler skin. 


Fake Bake Wash Off Instant Tan - This tan does exactly what it says on the tube. I tend to use this only when I need a quick fix - for those days where perhaps i'm not prepared for a 'legs out' moment, or for when i'm feeling particularly pasty and want a quick pick me up. I wouldn't repurchase this, as I tend to steer clear of wash off tans, and this came in a Fake Bake set. It's ok, however not a product I tend to reach for often. 
Fake Bake Sun kissed Self Tan - Part of the same set is the self tan. If you are familiar with the Fake Bake range, you've probably come into contact with something similar to this. To use, you slather all over the body (Using a tanning mitt - Do NOT use hands, I made that mistake once thinking I could quickly wash my hands after, resulting in orange hands for 2 days!). Wearing loose clothing, sleep in the tan overnight, and shower off lightly the next morning. As this version is made for fairer skin, the result isn't as orange/dark as you might imagine, however it gives the skin a layer of light colour, which lasts between 2-3 days before wearing off. The one good thing about this is that it doesn't wear off and leave patches. In my experience it fades evenly. I don't think that this set is suited to my skin, as it's very light, and doesn't give me enough of a tan, however the formula of the products is fine. 


St Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan Moisturiser Light/Medium - The final tanning product I have at the minute is the St Tropez Gradual Tan. I only have this in a small 75ml tube; it came as a magazine freebie, and as St Tropez is a bit on the pricier side, I use this sparsely, usually as a facial tanner. The formula of this lotion is thicker than all other tanning lotions I have, and I tend to apply a small amount onto a cotton pad and wipe all over my face after toning, but before applying my normal moisturiser. I have tried to apply this to my arms and legs, however I found that it left streaks, so for me, using it as a facial tanner is the best way to make it work, as it doesn't streak or fade leaving patches. I'm undecided as to whether I'd ever repurchase this, I just can't make up my mind whether I could justify buying the full-sized product. 

Which tanning products are you using this Spring/Summer? 

Toodles! 




No comments:

Post a Comment