Tuesday 21 May 2013

Rimmel Kate Lipstick in '03' | The Review

Evening ladies! (Or gents, you never know! ;)) 

Hope everyone is all good, my assessments started today so I've spent all day with the boy, carrying my (heavy) sculptures up two flights of stairs, painting walls and part of the floor, whilst rushing around like headless chickens tracking down tutors for various bits and bobs. It's safe to say that we are shattered! Still, 3 more days until three years worth of hard work will have come to an end, and I will have completed a degree in BA Hons Fine Art. Scary stuff!! 

Anyway, today's post is a review of Rimmel's Kate Lipstick in the shade '03'. 


I really like the packaging of these lipsticks. Not quite as chic as Mac or YSL, however out of the drugstore brands, I do think this Rimmel packaging is by far one of the nicest, on par, in my opinion, with the gorgeous packaging of the Revlon Lip Butters (Which I am STILL yet to try! *Sob*) 


The shade '03' is a nude, with a slight hint of peachy pink. As with all the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipsticks, it feels extremely moisturising to apply, and gives great colour pay off after only one swipe. 


As you can see from the swatch above, it's quite an opaque and creamy formula, which gives a lovely nude look without overdoing the brown tones, which is perfect for me, as I tend to stick more with the peachy toned lips. I have heard that this is a very good dupe for Mac 'Shy Girl', however I don't own it so can't really comment on just how much of a dupe, however texture wise, it is fairly similar to the Mac formula, perhaps with less staying power. On a good day this will stay on my lips for an hour or two before I need to reapply, however for the £5.49 price tag, that's something I can live with. 

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish '03', lightly applied. 

Have you tried any colours from this range? What are you favourites? 


2 comments:

  1. oh such a lovely colour!!! <3

    I am your new follower :) Lots of love x x

    ♥ ♥ '' Think Pink | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog " ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following lovely! Hope you enjoy my ramblings!! Xx

      Delete