Sunday 17 March 2013

Crazy Friends and Cocktails on a Saturday Night...

Last night was one of my best friends birthday nights out. I'm not a big drinker (I love a good cocktail, but unfortunately they don't like me the next day..) but as I hadn't had a night out with the girls in a while, I decided to participate in the drinking antics, including punch and passionfruit mojito's.


It was fun. 

This consequently left me feeling a little tender on a Sunday morning. Not the ideal way to spend the day of rest. It has, however, given me the chance to have a lazy day, including no make-up, glasses, movies and perhaps the most important thing: pizza delivery later this evening!

Although cocktails and pizza don't exactly scream 'good for the skin', there are a few things I try to do the day after a night out on the town;

1. Rehydrate: You lose so much fluid when drinking alcohol, so it's important to rehydrate your skin and drink as much water as you can. It also helps with the pesky headaches the next day...
2. Let your skin breathe: If you're like me, and wear make up on a daily basis, a lazy day like today is the perfect excuse to let your skin breathe and leave the make-up. Maybe even indulge in a face mask. I like to use Lush Magnaminty, or The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask. Both are ideal for combination/oily skin like mine and leave you with nourished and soft skin.
3. Treat yourself: If your body is telling you to crack open the Ben & Jerry's, or pick up the phone and order pizza, today is probably a good day to do this. After all, the faster you feel better and are back to normal the better, right? (Maybe this is just me making excuses to indulge is my favourite comfort foods, but hey ho!)

I hope your weekend left you feeling less tender than I do!

Gem. Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment