Wednesday 20 March 2013

The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter: Review

Hello! 

So a few weeks ago The Body Shop had a 40% off EVERYTHING sale. I got a little too excited at this, and spent at least double my weekly Uni allowance on treats for myself. It was a "to me, from me" moment. 

Anyway, as if to say thank you for the fact that I'd bought the entire shop from them, I opened the box to find this little freebie.

Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter


I'm always excited to get freebies, and this was no exception, as i'd almost actually bought the full sized product, so I was very excited to try it out. 

I used it last night, and I have to say, The Body Shop haven't done me proud this time around. I usually LOVE anything from the body shop, so it was a surprise to me that I wasn't impressed, and I shall tell you why: 

- There wasn't enough product to use - Now, I know that it was a sample, but usually when I get a sample sachet like this, there's just over one application, however in this sample, there was barely enough product to put on the ends of my hair, let alone give my hair a deep condition. 
- The smell wasn't horrible, but it wasn't particularly amazing either. 
- My hair didn't really feel like it had had a deep conditioning treatment. It felt no different to the way it does when I use normal conditioner. 

What I did like about this mask was the texture, and the formula. Like the name suggests, the hair butter has a formula similar to body butter, and I imagine that it would feel very luxurious to use if I had the correct amount for my hair. 

You win some, you lose some, but I'm glad I didn't go forward and buy the full sized version of this, as for me, it just didn't hit the spot. It may have been down to the the size of the sample, it may have just not agreed with my hair type, I don't know. But one thing's for sure; it did not give me rainforest moisture. 

Have you used any Body Shop hair treatments? Did they work for you? 

Toodles, 

No comments:

Post a Comment