Thursday 21 March 2013

Inside my suitcase... A students guide on how to pack lightly...

Hi!! 

So, tomorrow I leave my safe haven of my Uni flat, and move back home for three weeks for Easter fun (or in my case, working to pay for my next rent instalment). 

I always have trouble packing, as I want to move EVERYTHING back home, which is both unnecessary, and a bit of a pain, so this time round I am going to try the difficult task of packing light and only using ONE suitcase...(Warning: This may be more difficult than it seems). 

I won't bore you with every item I pop into the case, as we'd be here until next week, but here are a few essentials which I will be wheeling home tomorrow...


Now, I can't go home without at least one handbag to see me through these three weeks. In the mindset of packing lightly, i've chosen one in each style.

From left to right:

Envelope clutch bag in Teal/Turquoise: I bought this in Primark a week or two ago for the bargain price of £3! It's such an amazing pastel colour (this picture doesnt do it justice) and it's big enough to fit in all my necessaries.
Leather Messenger/Satchel in camel/tan: Don't you just love vintage fayres? This baby was purchased last year at one, and i've used it so much since then. It's big enough to take out on a shopping trip, and fits in all the essentials, however it's not too big that i'm hitting people with my bag as I walk around, or knocking things off the shelves/hangers! (I'm Queen of doing this!)
Deep blue tote bag with gold embellishment by Tom & Eva, Paris: The studs on this bag are what swayed me into buying it. It's gorgeous, and one of my favourite and most used everyday handbags.


Statement tee's, and big slogans are quite popular at the moment, so packing a couple of them into my case will make sure that if the occasion comes up where I just NEED to wear a slogan tee, then I have a couple of options. They're also very crossover items, and go with most things, which is great when you're trying to pack light.


Pastels! Pastels are this Spring's go to, and my wardrobe is packed with various peaches, pale blues and turquoises. Because i'm super organised, i've even thrown in the accessories to match!


Necklace - Dorothy Perkins


Necklace - Dorothy Perkins Turquoise Earrings -Forever 21


Coral and Gold Aztec Earrings - Miss Selfridge


Coral Feather Necklace - Dorothy Perkins Floral Ring - Topshop


'Love' Bracelet and Heart & Flower Bracelet - Accessorize


Statement Skinnys.

I've decided to opt for the classic black skinny jeans from New Look, standard blue skinny jeans and olive dogtooth skinnys, both from River Island. This way I have jeans for every occasion.


I wear shorts all year round, whether showing off my legs in the sun, or over the top of tights, they're always a staple in my wardrobe. Here I have a selection of my favourites, in the hope that we get some sun this Easter. The top two pairs (studded denim, and peach) are from Primark, and the leather look quilted shorts, and Denim hotpants are from River Island


I love big, bold prints, and this selection of printed scarves should jazz up any plain outfit. I especially love the poppy print scarf from Topshop


Tan ankle boots should be part of every girls wardrobe, and these studded tan boots from New Look are my babies. They go with everything and dress up even the most mundane outfits.

Ok, so that's my wardrobe sorted, now for my stash of beauty products and bodycare...


This basket houses my everyday essentials, or at least my everyday most used items. 

Left to Right: 

Boots Essentials Range: I decided to try out the Essentials range a few months ago, as my funds were pretty low, but I still wanted to buy something to look after my skin. I have to say, for how cheap the products are, they have been my saviours. I'm currently using the cucumber eye gel, toner and moisturiser, and so far (touch wood) they haven't given me any problems. I have combination/oily skin, and some products I find to just bring me out more oily than I was before, however these products suit my skin down to a T, even though they're supposedly more suited to 'normal' skin. 
The Body Shop Body Butter in 'Olive': I love nothing more than to give myself a deep moisturise each night to keep my skin supple and smooth, and The Body Shop never disappoints. I'm almost out of this one..may have to move onto the next butter hidden in my stash!
Charles Worthington Salt Spray: I bought this on a boots haul last week, and since then have used it at least every other day! I love it! It gives my hair a matt finish, whilst bringing out the natural wave within my locks. 
Champneys Conditioning Cleansing Milk: Another one of my buys from last week, removes facial make up beautifully, not so much with the eye make up, although it specifies this on the bottle - I found that it just made my eyes sore - so i'm sorry, but i'm sticking to the face wipes to remove the eye make up, as much as I probably shouldn't... 
The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Exfoliating Pads: I use these twice/three times a week, and since adding them to my skincare routine, I don't get half as many blemishes or spots. 
Lush Mask of Magnaminty and The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask: These are my go-to face masks for when I feel I need a facial pick-me-up, and never fail to make my skin smooth and supple. 
Andrew Collinge Leave In Conditioning Spray and Heat Defence Spray: Whenever my hair is feeling a little dry and the ends, which happens to us long haired peeps from time to time, the conditioning spray brings it back to life and just adds that little bit of moisture that you need. And need I say more about the heat defence? 
Superdrug Dry Shampoo: If i'm having a 'flat hair day', i just spray a little of this into my roots, massage in, and i'm good to go, instant volume! 


Ok...now for the rest... 

Left To Right: 

E.L.F. Beauty Book: This little book contains 6 shadows, a primer and eye liner, as well as tips on how to create a natural day to night look. You can buy it, and other ELF items here
My Make-up Bag: Needless to say, VERY important..but more on that another day... 
Lush H'suan Wen Hua Hair Conditioner, Herbalism Facial Wash and Ocean Salt Facial Scrub: These feature in my 'It's a Lush Life' post. 
Planet Spa Illuminating Moisturiser: If my body butter is too heavy, this light cream is my next go to, filled with shimmer and a wonderful smell, it makes you truly feel 'illuminated'. 
The Body Shop - Mango Range: As i've almost ran out of my olive butter, i've decided to give the mango range, which I bought a while back on a MASSIVE Body Shop haul, a go. Review to follow... 
Assorted pastel nail polish: To go with my pastel clothes, of course! 
Aussie Volume Shampoo: I love the luscious long and colour ranges, and this is my first dip into the volume... 
St Tropez Gradual Tan: Just in case the sun decides to stay hidden this easter, I have a cheat! 

So that's it. I'm packed into ONE suitcase! (A round of applause there wouldn't go a miss!) And now you know my secret on how to pack lightly............ish! I'm sure the boyfriend will appreciate it that he doesn't have to help me carry umpteen bags to the car this time around! 

Toodles for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment