Friday 15 March 2013

TGIF - Treats and Goodies because It's Friday!

Happy Friday! 

As you are all probably aware, Boots have their famous '3 for 2' on all skincare and bodycare. Naturally this means that females from all around the country flock around to see what goodies they can lay their hands on. I am definitely no exception to this, and found myself browsing the aisles of Boots for almost an hour, swatching and smelling to my hearts desire. 

I came out, looking pretty pleased with myself, with 5 brand spanking new products to try, and cannot wait to dive in and indulge. 


In order from left to right: 

1. Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub 300ml - £8. - I usually find that Soap & Glory products tend so smell really soapy, so never buy them. I stumbled upon this little beauty by chance. The zesty scent instantly hit me, and I found myself putting it into my basket without a moments hesitation. It smells absolutely divine, like key lime cheesecake. I haven't used this one yet, as I have a couple of other scrubs to use up first, however after looking at reviews, i'm very much looking forward to cracking this one open! 

2. Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash 500ml - £6.50. - If the scrub smelled like key lime cheesecake, then this one smells like heaven! It's the same scent, but somehow so much nicer. The sugary, limey, zesty wonderfulness is literally mouthwatering and I cannot wait to test this one out in the shower! 

3. Champneys Spa Skin Conditioning Cleansing Milk 200ml - £7.50. - I was actually looking for a hot cloth cleanser to try out when I found this. Hot Cloth Cleansers are all anybody is talking about at the moment, and I felt like I should perhaps jump on the cleansing bandwagon. I found this cleansing milk in the Champneys range, and being a brand I know and trust, thought I would give this a go, rather than spending more on a hot cloth cleanser. As it goes, I received a £5 off No7 voucher with my receipt, so I shall be going back to try out the hot cloth cleanser soon enough! As soon as I got home I decided to try this product out. It says on the back that this is perfect for removing make-up, including eye make-up. I found, however that it is much more effective to use a make up wipe to remove most of the make-up, and then the cleanser afterwards. This seems to be much more effective at removing EVERY last trace of make-up and dirt, leaving my skin feeling soft and supple. At this price, it will definitely be a repurchase. 

4. Charles Worthington Rough & Tousled Salt Spray 150ml - £3.65. - I have been looking for a good salt spray for quite some time. I have long, blonde naturally wavy hair, and often use straighteners to create more definition to my tousles. I have only tried this out on my dry hair (the directions specify that it can be used on wet or dry hair) and so far, I'm impressed. It brings out the natural wave in my hair, giving it that tousled beach look, whilst still leaving it soft, with a matt finish. 

5. Maybelline MasterShape Brow Pencil in Dark Blonde - £2.99. - I'm VERY new to the idea of drawing in your eyebrows. I'm probably too late to be honest, since just about everybody is doing it, but I have fair hair, resulting in fair eyebrows and i've always felt that drawing them in would result in me looking like a yeti. I've recently felt that my eyebrows lacked definition and were almost lost. I haven't tried this yet, but the colour seems to be light enough to give me the definition I need without too much drama! 

What are you treating yourself with this Friday? 


No comments:

Post a Comment