Saturday 23 March 2013

My Current Lip Products.

Hello! 

I thought that as it's snowing like mad and most of the UK is stuck indoors (we've had just over 8 inches of snow in 24 hours!) I'd do a little post on my favourite lip products of 2013 so far. 

As it's been such a cold and dry skin inducing three months, i've been avoiding the lipsticks, and going for more lip balms, butters and glosses, which I find keep my lips more moist that lipstick does in this kind of weather, and I have ten of my current favourite to share with you. 


From the top, clockwise: 

1. The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Care SPF 15: This little balm has been my saviour. It's nourishing and protects against not only UV rays with it's SPF content, but also protects against the cold, and chapped lips. Generally, I use this balm as a base for any other lip product, and it helps to keep my lips smooth. 
2. The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Lip Butter: I have come to love these little pots of lip butter from TBS. They come in a variety of flavours (I have four of them) and each one is a lovely as the next! I like to apply this liberally to my lips, and this gives them a lovely glossy sheen, whilst adding moisture. The sweet lemon butter smells exactly like the sweet lemon body butter, and, although probably more suited to the summer months, I have come to use this one regularly. 
3. The Body Shop Foundation Dragon Fruit Lip Butter: This butter has a fresh, almost floral scent, and has the same moisturising qualities as the other butters, however all money raised from these butters go to charity, which I think is a really nice idea. 
4. The Body Shop Mango Lip Butter: Can you tell I like these lip butters? As with the entire mango range at TBS, this lip butter is no exception and smells gorgeous and fruity. I also have the coconut butter, which I haven't pictured. I tend to use the coconut butter only at night before I go to bed, as, unlike the others, the coconut butter leaves my lips looking quite white, which isn't ideal for during the day. It's still a great moisturiser for your lips though, and I wake up each morning with beautifully soft lips. 
5. The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry Lip Gloss: Like the lip butters, this gloss comes in a little 10ml pot, however, being £2 cheaper (the butters are £4 each) the packaging does come across as a little less sophisticated. The gloss has a lovely strawberry scent, and tints your lips a nice transparent red. This is perfect for when you just want a slight gloss with a hint of colour...and the odd whiff of strawberry!! 
6. Vaseline Rosy Lips: I think everybody has a little tin of vaseline hiding away somewhere in their room, whether it be this tinted pink one, Aloe Vera, or Chocolate to name but a few. And there is a reason for this - they work! Soothing and smoothing, I always turn to my little tin in times of need. I know some people complain about it drying your lips out more, but I have never experienced this problem. 
7. ELF Luscious Liquid Lipstick: I bought this back in January when I had a bit of an ELF splurge. I have to say, it feels a bit more like a gloss than a lipstick, and I do tend to have the sticky lip problem when I go out. As soon as the wind blows, my hair gets stuck to it. However, I do love the colour of this, like cross between a muted cherry red and a deep pink, and I have found that after applying, this product does stay on for a good hour, which is fairly good going for a cheap lipgloss (as with most of the standard ELF range, products are £1.50). 
8. Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Tint & Balm in 600 Carry On Cherry: I really rate this little lip tint, and as lip tints go, this is one of the best I have tried. I love that the tint is a pen-type applicator, and it's very easy to produce a deep red colour, or by just applying to the line of your lips, and blending, I am able to create a very subtle day look. The balm adds shine and glossiness to the lips, and can take your look from day to night. 
9. ELF Lip Exfoliator: This little lip exfoliator works wonders to scrub off dead skin, and enriched with shea butter, vitamin E, avocado, grape and jojoba oils it enriches and smoothes lips. It's full of sugar which gently polishes and exfoliates lips, and the fact that it's in lipstick form, rather than a pot of lip scrub makes it much easier to apply. It smells and tastes gorgeous, and after a good scrub, it's almost impossible not to lick all the sugar off your lips! 

So there we have it, my lip go-to's for 2013 so far. What are your favourite lip care products of this year? 

Oooh, also, you're all probably fully aware, but boots not ONLY have their 2 for 1 offer on bodycare, they've extended it to cosmetics. I've indulged in a new spring make up collection, which is available for me to collect from my local boots store tomorrow! Excited!! If it EVER stops snowing and lets me go collect it!! What will you be indulging in? 


No comments:

Post a Comment