Friday 29 March 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer: Review.

Happy Good Friday!! 

As Easter has crept up on us, I don't know about you, but I have been fully enjoying it's chocolate-related goodness. This has left me with a face full of every girl's nightmare: spots. 

This is where todays review comes in. I am constantly on the lookout for the little miracle in a bottle that will solve all my blemish related issues in life, whether that be dark circles under my eyes, or pesky pimples rearing their ugly head after gorging on too much chocolate. I had heard good things about Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation, and after reading DizzyBrunette3's review of concealers, (check her blog out, it's amazing, and I am so envious of her big hair!), I decided to give Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer in 'soft beige' a bash, and I have to say, so far I'm impressed. By no means is this concealer the miracle in a bottle I have been searching for (I doubt such a thing exists!), but it's definitely a contester. I usually only need concealer to try and cover my dark circles, as i'm lucky enough not to suffer with pimples TOO much, and this concealer does seem to do the trick, leaving me with a dewy complexion, which goes perfectly with the dewiness of my current foundation, Rimmel Match Perfection in 'classic beige'. I have tried this concealer recently on the little intruders that have appeared on my face, and so far, so good. The lasting power on this concealer is a couple of hours, however my skin is a tad on the oilier side, so that might be to blame rather than the actual product. 


Overall I would recommend this product for people with only a few blemishes like me, as i'm not sure that the formula is thick or heavy enough for full coverage, however each person is different, so what works for me might not work for you, and vice versa. 

Which concealer is your go to for bad skin days? 




No comments:

Post a Comment