Monday 25 March 2013

Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 'Nova'.

Hello there lovelies!

My Boots splurge has arrived! I braved the snow and ice this morning and made my voyage to my local Boots store to pick up my package - six shiny new pieces to add to my make-up collection. As it's the Easter Holidays for us students, i've decided that rather than do a mass review like I tend to do when i'm short on time, I'm going to do an in depth review of each product every day. That's SIX whole reviews in 6 days. 

Challenge set. Challenge accepted. (Oh dear, i'm starting to sound like some of the video games my other half plays...) Anyway, here is my review of Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in the shade 'Nova'. 




Now, you've probably seen a hundred and one reviews of this product already this year - but I am here to put my two cents in on this popular drugstore product. 

Apocalips Lip Lacquer is a highly pigmented lipgloss collection from Rimmel London. At only 8 shade options, this may seem quite limited, however the colours are carefully selected and, in my opinion, there are some Gems to be had. (If you'll excuse the name pun!) 

The wand applicator makes this lacquer apply smoothly and without hassle, giving opaque coverage with one coat. 

A lot of the reviews I have read prior to buying this product showed the shade 'Stellar', a bright fuchsia colour, however being new to brightly coloured lip colour, and being slightly more fair skinned, i opted for the slightly more muted tone of 'Nova'. 'Nova' is a gorgeous rose pink colour, which glides onto the lips with the greatest of ease. I haven't yet had a test run to see the lasting power of this one, but from the reviews i've read on the product, it's a couple of hours. 

Being so highly pigmented, there is always the problem of over-doing it, and for me, somebody who usually sticks to the more neutral and translucent peach/pink shades of lip colour, this is definitely something that I am working on myself. 


'Nova' (Note: The image above isn't entirely true to how bright the shade is once applied.)



Has anybody tried the 'Apocalips' range? Which shade is your favourite?

Toodles! 


No comments:

Post a Comment