Tuesday 16 April 2013

Benefit Boxed Blushes: 10, Coralista & Sugarbomb: Review

Hey! 

Hope you're all well and dandy! I have to say, I am loving the weather today. My trusty cropped denim jacket made an appearance for the first time this year. I'm a massive denim hoarder, so the second I can swap my coats and jackets for a little denim number I am one happy bunny. 

Anyway, back on topic, in todays post I shall be reviewing my Benefit purchases from a week or two ago. For those of you who read my blog, you'll know that whilst browsing the online aisles of eBay late one night, I stumbled across a private seller stocking Benefit Boxed Blushes. I have been wanting Coralista and Sugarbomb for quite some time now, but the £23.50 price tag had put me off purchasing. The seller on eBay, however, had full sized items at the amazing price of £6.99!! That's a saving of £16.50. As you can imagine, I got a little excited and filled my basket with 3 different blushers; 10, Coralista and Sugarbomb. 



As with all Benefit items, the packaging is eye-catching and individual, giving each item it's own unique style. 




Benefit 10.




'10' is a highlight and contour set. It comes in a 10g box, and, with all Benefit's Boxed Blushes, comes with it's own brush. Although the brush is soft, other than to swatch, I haven't used them, and probably won't, as I prefer to use my own brushes. 

I have swatched both colours onto my arm, however the lighter colour, the highlighter, is very light and sheer and you can't see it very well as it's close to the skin tone on my arm. I have been using this to highlight my cheekbones, and the darker colour to contour and give definition to my face. It's a little too dark for my skin tone, so I do have to use this sparsely, but used in moderation, it can produce some nice results. 

Benefit Coralista.




Coralista, as the name suggests, is a gorgeous coral pink blusher. Deeply pigmented with a very slight shimmer, this is my most used out of all three. It's the perfect tone for Spring, and gives me such a lovely glow. I would recommend applying this sparsely though, and building, as being so highly pigmented, you can easily get into a mess! 

Benefit Sugarbomb. 




Last, but not least, is Benefit's Sugarbomb. As you can see from the images above, this is more of a bronzer/blusher, and contains four different shades. Instructions state to swirl all four colours together to create a glow of warmth, however I guess if you wanted to, you could use each shade individually. As with Coralista, this comes in a 12g box, and is highly pigmented, however easily buildable if applied sparsely. I imagine that once summer gets into full swing and I have a bit more of a natural glow, this will become a firm favourite of mine! 

Overall I'm really happy with the quality of these little blushes, and if, like me, your bank balance doesn't allow higher end products, check out eBay. There are some real bargains to be found out there...I know for a fact that Benefits 'They're Real' Mascara is available for under £10, which, once my   Rimmel 'Scandaleyes' has been used up, will be my next mascara as i've heard such good things about it!

Do you own any Benefit Boxed Blushes? Which are your favourites?

Toodles! 








No comments:

Post a Comment