Tuesday 30 April 2013

April Favourites.

Hi! 

It's that time again - the monthly favourites! 

I've really enjoyed rummaging through my stash picking out my favourite items from April - I may have gotten a little carried away! 


1. Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Polish: I can completely see what all the fuss is about when it comes to these little gems. I wont say too much about them as I bet you're all fed up of people raving about them, but I have Papaya - a pretty coral/peach tone, Greenberry - an amazing turquoise/aqua and Prickly Pear - The most perfect lilac. I've been wearing these alot this month, and I have a feeling my love for these will carry on into May...
2. Soap & Glory Trick and Treatment Under Eye Dark Circle Concealer: I bought this concealer a few weeks ago after reading some good reviews, and it has not left my eyes since. I wouldn't say that it completely conceals the dark areas, but definitely improves and brightens the eye area, and teamed with my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, works wonders! 
3.Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 'Soft Coral': Since Spring has reared it's pretty head, i've been sporting more pink and coral tones, and this lipstick has become an everyday essential in my make up collection! I always wear a balm underneath so I can't comment on how the formula glides onto unprimed lips, however onto a clear balm, this glides on and gives a lovely natural sheen which is not too glossy. 
4. Soap & Glory Lid Stuff: I have been looking for a nice matte neutral eyeshadow palette for a while, and when Boots had (& still have) an offer to receive this palette as a free gift when you spend £12 or over on S&G products, I thought i'd give it a shot. For every day make up this palette is perfect, and I've worn nothing but this palette on my eyes since I purchased! 
5. Revlon Matte Blush in 'Rose Rapture': I bought this back in March, and it's been a staple in my every day make up ever since. It's such a wearable, natural blush shade for my skin tone. I love it! 


6. Boots Ingredients Coconut Body Oil: I've been suffering with dry patches on my elbows and knees, and wanted to invest in a body oil to see if they made any difference. This solid oil smells gorgeous and melts onto the skin, giving a thick layer of moisture. 
7. Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub: I've already harped on about this in a previous post, so I won't bore you with my rambling, but I am loving this scrub, and cannot get enough of the Sugar Crush range! 
8. Bourjois 1 second Nail Polish Remover: This nail polish remover has saved me so much time (and cotton wool pads) this past month! It's such an amazing product and removes nail polish so easily, leaving your nails clean and nourished by the almond oil included in the formula. A must have for anyone who changes their nail polish regularly! 


9. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 200 Soft Beige: I have really been enjoying using the foundation. It's been my staple since January, and is perfect for giving my skin the right amount of dewy glow, without looking oily. The formula blends into the skin easily, giving medium coverage, which is perfect for me, as I hate nothing less than caking my face in thick foundation. It's purse friendly at £6.99, and has a light, fruity smell, which, along with it's SPF18 content, is perfect for Spring/Summer. 
10. Dunelm Mill Vanilla Candle: I wouldn't usually include a candle into a favourites list, however at the moment I am crazy for candles, and have been burning this little baby all month, so much so that i've burnt it down completely! The vanilla scent is subtle and relaxing, and at only £1, if I come across it again it will definitely be a repurchase. 
11. Good Things Five Minute Facial Face Mask: This has been my go-to face mask this month. With the weather warming up, i've been turning to masks which brighten the complexion, and this mask is quick and easy and does just that! The Good Things range is also free from parabens, SLS, animal ingredients and mineral oils, replacing them with natural oils and super fruit extracts like avocado and goji berry, making their range kinder to the skin. 


12. Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion in 'Deep Sun Kissed': When it comes to this time of year, I like to steer clear of instant self tan (unless something crops up which I have to be tanned quickly for!), in favour of a gradual tanning moisturiser. This Garnier version is probably my favourite product of the entire month! Not only does it give you an even gradual tan with little/no streaks/patches, it smells absolutely gorgeous and reminds me of a previous holiday in Egypt with the boy. 
13. Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash: As with the scrub, I won't bore you with the details, but I absolutely love the smell of this range, and will definitely be repurchasing. 
14. Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo: I have the type of hair that gets used to shampoo, so I tend to switch and swap my shampoo's around, however this one has been a constant for most of the month, as it leaves my hair super soft and shiny, with a gorgeous scent. I wouldn't say that it volumizes my hair a massive amount, but I have definitely noticed an improvement, and my hair is much easier to manage and less flat. 
15. Champneys Spa Skin Conditioning Cleansing Milk: I have been using this cleanser as part of my nighttime routine all month and I love it! It's thick and creamy enough to remove my make up, whilst retaining moisture in my skin. I'm not loyal to one cleanser, as I am yet to find my holy grail, however I would happily repurchase this. 

What have you been loving this month? 







4 comments:

  1. Great post!! Love the Barry M Gellys.

    I really want to try the Revlon Matte Blusher in Peach

    Stevie Hearts Makeup

    Stevie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it! They're really easily built up, and easy to wear everyday as they're matte! Xx

      Delete
  2. Gelly high shine are a favourite of mine too. I have prickly pear and love it. They definitely last longer and are so shiny x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prickly Pear is probably my favourite, such a lovely shade! Xx

      Delete