Sunday 7 April 2013

My Last Haul. (Until June...)

Howdy! 

I hope you're all taking full advantage of the weekends sun and are having a lovely 2 days off! 

I've been quite a naughty lately, and been on a bit of a spending bender, spending waaaay too much money on clothes, make-up, beauty bits etc etc... 

Anyhoo, long story short, me and the boyfriend have come to the conclusion that I may have a problem, and I've bet him a whopping £10 that I will not spend another penny on beauty buys or clothes/shoes/handbags until the end of May. Obviously in the event of running out of an essential, I am allowed to buy a replacement. 

I can imagine all the gasps of horror from you all. Over a month with no buying little cosmetic treats or clothes? Madness!! Well call me mad, but £10 (and my pride) are at stake here, and i'm damn well going to try! 

I had my last little haul on Friday, and the final bits from my last online order came. This was a bittersweet moment for me as I know it's the last haul I shall have until June 1st. (When I may possibly go mad with my bank card with all the things that will have undoubtedly made their way into my "I HAVE to have that" list. Anyway, without further ado, I present my last haul.... 


Up first we have my shop buys. I must admit this is a little cheat, as most of it was bought by my lovely boyfriend as treats =) (I think he knew I was bummed out because I couldn't afford too much!) 

The gorgeous coral blazer you can see above is the first of those gifts from the boy. I can hardly believe it's from Primark. The fit and colour are just perfect for me. There are a variety of colours including this one, and they retail at £17. 


Next up we have this gorgeous envelope clutch bag from Primark. I already have this in a teal/turquoise colour that I love, and this cream one is a lovely addition to my handbag collection. It's also goes well with my coral blazer and is perfect for a meal i'm going to tomorrow evening. This bag is currently on sale for a bargain price of £3! 



I've been looking for a statement necklace like this for a while, but nothing stuck out to me. This little baby from Primark fits the bill quite nicely, and for £2.50, you can't go wrong. (Also a gift).


This was the last thing my boyfriend bought for me, so last, but certainly not least is this set of four rings. The pack contains one ring with diamante detailing, one with a plastic rose in a peach colour, one heart detail and one with a tiny stone in a pearly pink colour. the can be stacked together as you see here, or worn individually. These rings retail at £1.50, that's 37.5p per ring, bargain! 

Now for products I actually bought myself! A mini Superdrug haul ended up with me buying 3 items, Garnier Fructis Big Volume Hairspray is shown above, and i've forgotten to photograph the other two - Herbal Essences Uplifting Volume Shampoo & Conditioner 400ml. All three of these items were (& I believe still are) on offer and I got them all for under £2 each. That's shopping on a budget in style! 


Next we move onto Boots, and after rushing to the Barry M counter and finding that the Gelly Hi Shine nail polishes were out of stock AGAIN (One day I shall have you, you shiny little beauties) I ventured over to the Bourjois counter to see if the Magic 1 Second Nail Polish Remover was available. Hurray! Something I wanted was in stock! I've heard nothing but good things from this, and so far, I have to say, i'm very impressed! 
As I couldn't have the Barry M nail polishes I so desperately want - Papaya and Prickly Pear please - I ventured over to get myself a replacement, and stumbled across Models Own. I've never actually owned a models own nail varnish, but have heard good things about the formulation, and 'Coral Reef' instantly caught my eye as the perfect shade for the summer. To top it all off I got myself a new top coat. I was torn between this Rimmel 5-in-1 Nail Treat Base and Top Coat, and the Rimmel Matte Top Coat, and ultimately decided to go with the first, as matte nails are something I might save for later in the year.


Now for my internet buys. I have been lusting over these Benefit Boxed Blushers for so long, and whilst browsing eBay, I came across a private seller with a little stash of blushers for the amazing price of £6.99! As any Benefit fan will tell you, these babies retail at £23.50 on their website, so £6.99 for full size products is quite the bargain, and I decided to get 3; 10 (Above), Coralista and Sugarbomb. 

Coralista - Above

I wont say too much about these as I plan to do full reviews of all three as soon as i've had chance to get some use out of them, so watch this space! 

Sugarbomb - Above

So that's it. It's like the last supper for cosmetics. No more spending until June 1st. Sniff. Oh well, I have more than enough goodies to keep me entertained until then...maybe...and hopefully I will have enough willpower to stay away from shopping and win my £10! (Which will probably go on some new mascara or something....=P) 

Toodles for now! 

2 comments:

  1. The benefit blushes are such a bargain!very jealous :) I love benefit. & I've always wanted to try the nail varnish remover! keep hearing so many rave reviews about it.& good luck with the spending ban!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, such a bargain. if you type 'Benefit' into and eBay search you might find them..not sure if there are any left. The only differences I can see are that they're the old packaging without the mirror included, but that doesn't bother me at all =)

      I've wanted the nail varnish remover for a while and finally bit the bullet. I'll be doing a full review soon, but it's definitely worth a buy for how much time and cotton wool you save!! =) Xx

      Delete