Thursday 18 April 2013

The Spending Ban: No Willpower But The Prettiest Shoes!

Hello 

Well, as the title suggest, my spending ban has come to quite the halt. My boyfriend Arron is over the moon with his shiny £10 winnings, and I am pretty annoyed that I couldn't even last 2 weeks without spending. 

I'll start at the beginning. I have been on the hunt for the perfect pair of tan wedges since last summer. Wedges are my favourite kind of heels, and tan is a colour that can be used almost all year round. Yesterday, I found them. I found the perfect pair whilst having an afternoon browsing the shops. I was in TK Maxx - an unlikely treasure chest of goodies - and there I saw them; tan, wedge heel, in my size, gorgeous, perfect fit, etc etc. I had to have them, but somehow talked myself out of it because of my spending ban bet. 

Today, myself and the boy had the afternoon to ourselves, (naughty me probably should have been doing Uni work!), and I talked him into walking to town so that I could show him the shoes that I was so devastated by. As soon as I saw them again I knew I had to give up. They're the prettiest wedges I've seen, and fit like a glove, so much so that I instantly picked them up, and, with Arron laughing with joy at my non-existant willpower, made my way to the till. 

I failed. 

But I have the prettiest tan wedges that I'm over the moon with! And at £34.99 for Guess shoes, which usually retail at between £80-£120, got myself a little bargain as well. 

 

So pretty aren't they? I can't wait until the weather warms up and I have an excuse to wear them! 

And since I had well and truly given in on the ban, I also took advantage of River Island's 20% off student shop in, and got myself a gorrrgeous new purse, bracelet and earrings. 


Wahhh, photo-heavy post - sorry! 

Moral of my story; never make a bet that involves not shopping! 







No comments:

Post a Comment