Thursday 11 April 2013

My Morning Routine #1.

Hi! 

Hope you're all good! 
Today I thought I'd share my morning cleansing routine with you. I love reading/noseying into other peoples daily routines, so here's your chance to nosey into mine! 

These items are the products I have been using in a daily basis since Christmas 2012. I bought some of these products when I was running low on funds, so hopefully I will be able to show that beauty on a budget doesn't mean cutting corners. Just because a price tag is low, it doesn't necessarily mean that the performance of that product will also be low. 



From Left to Right: Lush Ocean Salt Facial Scrub, Lush Herbalism Facial Cleanser, Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Cleanser, Boots Essentials Cucumber Facial Toner, Boots Essentials Cucumber Moisturising Lotion, Boots Essentials Cucumber Eye Gel. 



The first thing in my routine is Lush Herbalism Fresh Facial Cleanser. As the name suggests, this product is packed full of natural ingredients, and helps 'with spots, grease and calms troubled skin'. This cleanser works differently to any cleanser I have used before. To use, you need to scoop out a pea sized amount onto your hand, and mix with water until it becomes a smooth paste. Then apply to your face in circular motions and wash off with luke warm water. 
As you only need a small amount each day, and I use a different cleanser at night, this has lasted me since christmas, with pretty much daily use I still have roughly half left, so the £5.95 price tag isn't bad considering how much use you get out of one pot. 


I then follow with Ocean Salt, also from Lush. Ocean Salt is a sea salt based facial scrub, and I try to use this scrub at least 3 times a week, usually every other day, depending on whether I feel I need a scrub on that day or not. It has a fresh, ocean-like fragrance, and contains sea salt to exfoliate and lime and lime oil, coconut oil and avocado butter amongst others to soften and nourish the skin. My skin always feels so fresh and clear after using this, and I do feel it's a facial scrub I will be repurchasing soon. 


From top to bottom we have: 

Clean & Clear Blackhead Removing Cleanser - My routine continues into my bedroom, where I use this cleanser. I've had this cleanser forever, it never seems to go down! Using a cotton wool ball or pad,  I use this mainly on my T-zone areas, and it just helps keep any blocked pores at bay. 

I then move onto my boots essentials range. I was running very low on funds when I first bought these, and with each item in the range at £1.50, I figured these would suffice until I could afford something better. Little did I know that these little bargains would become a staple in my skincare routine. For a range of products so cheap, they really deliver on quality, and if you're on a budget, I really think this range is worth purchasing. 
I firstly use this Boots Essentials Cucumber Toner. Again using a cotton wool ball, I sweep this toner all over my face, and feel it really gets my skin ready for a moisturiser. At the minute i'm using the Boots Essentials Cucumber Moisturiser. This is quite a light moisturiser with a faint cucumber scent, and the entire range also comes in a fragrance free version for more sensitive skin. What I will say about this moisturiser, is if you have specific skincare requirements; very dry/very oily etc, maybe this isn't for you. My skin is generally normal/combination with occasional oily areas, and it is great for me, however my sister has used it and she has dry skin. It does hydrate areas of her skin that are more normal, however she needs something a little more suited to dry skin. Finally, I have been using the Boots Essentials Cucumber Eye Gel. I chose a gel rather than a cream, as I always feel eye gels always make my eyes feel much more hydrated and bright. This one is no exception and always makes my eye area feel a little more vibrant. 

If you have any questions about any of the products in my routine, feel free to comment below. 

Toodles! 







No comments:

Post a Comment