Tuesday 2 April 2013

The Body Shop: Mango Collection

Hello! 

I hope you're all enjoying this actual SPRING day! Blue skies and sunshine! I for one rushed out with the dog (he'd barely woken up!) to lap up some precious vitamin D before it vanishes once more! 

As today has put me in such a sunny mood, I've decided today is the perfect day to look over a collection of products i've been testing over the past two weeks: The Body Shop Mango Range. 



I once again apologise for the photography - I'm getting my camera lead back from Uni tomorrow (hopefully) so decent images will resume!

I have been testing out five products from the Mango range, and I have to say I have been impressed by each and every product shown above. Well done Body Shop! 


First up, we have the Mango Shower Gel. With all of the products from this range, it has a deliciously fruity fragrance, and this bottle is a sizeable 250ml. (I've been using it for over a week now and i've hardly made a dent in it!) I use this with a pair of exfoliating gloves, and find that it lathers up nicely, and smooths onto the skin making it feel luxuriously smooth afterwards. 



I usually follow the shower gel with this Mango Sugar Scrub. It comes in a decent sized 200ml plastic tub with a screw cap, however this can be difficult to unscrew whilst your hands are wet - so have a towel at hand! This is quite a gentle scrub for saying it's a sugar scrub, usually I find sugar scrubs to be quite intense and coarse. I tend to slather this all over my legs and occasionally the rest of my body. As anybody who has used a sugar scrub before will tell you, a greasy residue is left behind when you rinse the scrub off, but for me, this is a layer of moisture, which slowly soaks into the skin leaving it soft and smooth. 



After i've had a bath or shower I always love to slather on a moisturiser. After a bath/shower is the best time to do this as it locks in more moisture, and hot water can dehydrate the skin. This Mango Body Butter has been the replacement of the Olive Body Butter, also from TBS, both of which come in a 200ml tub. The Mango Butter is somewhat lighter than the Olive version, probably because of the Mango Seed Oil and Cocoa Butter rather than Olive Oil Extracts. This gives it a different texture and somewhat different benefits to the skin. I do prefer the Olive Butter as I feel it gives a much deeper moisturise, which is what my skin needs during these cold months. Perhaps the Mango Butter is more suited to the summer months? Even so, I have enjoyed using this butter, and love the fragrance it leaves on my skin. 


Speaking of fragrance, we move to my next product, and one which I have been using almost every day since I bought it; the Mango Body Mist. This is gorgeous. Honestly, I thought i'd grown out of body sprays and had moved on to the more sophisticated world of perfume, however, as perfume every day can be quite pricey in the long run, this little beauty provides me with a nice every day fragrance, and retailing at £7.50 per 100ml, it's much kinder to your bank balance. The lasting power of this is an hour or two, probably not AS long as my beloved Ralph Lauren RALPH (the perfect scent for the spring, I might add), but still, for less than half the price, and the fact that it's only a body mist, that's something i'm willing to overlook. 



Finally, we move onto my final Mango product; the Mango Lip Butter. If you saw my lip products post I did a couple of weeks ago, you'll know I am crazy for these little butters at the minute, and have four different flavours...I have a problem, okay?
What can I say about the Mango Lip Butter. A creamy balm that gives my lips a smooth coverage and delicious scent, this is a winner. It can be used on it's own or as a base to smooth the lips, and has a fairly decent lasting power (providing you don't lick it off because it smells so good.) I love the quirky packaging of this product - like a mini body butter - it looks slightly more up market than some other tub balm products. The only downside to this is the fact that it comes in a pot. Dipping your finger in is not the most hygienic way of applying a balm, and carrying a brush isn't really ideal on the go. When you have long nails, like so any of us do, it can be quite difficult to dip your finger in without getting some stuck up your nails either! Not ideal. The product itself, however, is a winner!


Have you tried The Body Shop Mango range? What's your favourite product? 

Toodles! 






4 comments:

  1. I love the Mango range, smells incredible! :) XO

    Honey
    www.imhoneyy.blogspot.co.uk

    Enter my giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mango!! And body shop. I always stick to coconut for some reason, think I need to branch out and invest in these little beauties. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a few bits from the coconut range, smells so good!! Xx

    ReplyDelete