Saturday 20 April 2013

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush: The Review



Hey! 

I've been using my Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash and Body Scrub for roughly 2 weeks now and feel I've had enough use to give my two cents on these citrus-y goodies. 


The Sugar Crush range from Soap & Glory is fairly new to the S&G range. I'm not a massive fan of the usual soapy fragrance that S&G come out with. It's ok, just not my preferred fragrances, however when browsing boots a month or so back during their 3 for 2 on bodycare, I stumbled across the Sugar Crush range, and it converted me.

The fresh fragrance immediately hit me. It's hard to describe. There are notes of fresh, zingy lime, brown sugar and almost a creamy yoghurt. To me, it smells like key lime cheese cake! So good you almost want to eat it! 



The first of my items is the Sugar Crush Body Wash. I've already said how good the scent is, but the other thing which immediately caught my eye is the size. For £6.50 you get an enormous 500ml tub! As with all Soap & Glory products, the packaging is quirky and cute, which is a nice touch, and I do like the pump applicator, as it makes dropping body wash in the shower a thing of the past! 
As you can see from the above image, the body wash has a creamy consistency, more of a shower cream than gel, and this does mean that it doesn't lather up as well as a gel might, however it does have a luxurious, moisturising feel on the skin and leaves skin feeling soft, with a zesty aroma. 




I also picked up the Sugar Crush Body Scrub. As with the body wash, the scrub comes in a sizeable 300ml tub which retails at £8. What I love about this scrub is the fact that is doesn't leave a slimy residue. Most sugar scrubs have a somewhat oily layer that's left behind. I don't mind this, however I love that the Sugar Crush doesn't do that; all that's left behind is smooth, buffed skin. 
This seems as though it might be quite an abrasive scrub, however once applied to skin, it's actually quite deceptive, as it doesn't feel too harsh at all, and buffs away dry skin gently, but effectively, leaving my skin feeling nourished and smooth. 

The only qualm I have with this range is the lasting fragrance on the body. With a smell this amazing, i'd love it to last on my skin post shower, however I can only actually smell this for a limited time after my shower before it disappears, which is a shame. 

Soap & Glory also have a buttercream in their Sugar Crush Range, which is a thick body butter with the same lovely fragrance, which retails at £10.50 for 300ml. This may seem quite expensive, but when you think The Body Shop sell 200ml pots of Body Butter for £13.00, it's actually quite a good deal. 

Which of the S&G range are your favourites? 








2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love these both, they smell amazing! XO

    Honey
    www.imhoneyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm thinking the body butter will be just as amazing!! Xx

      Delete