Monday 1 April 2013

Lush Secret Garden Bath Ballistic: Review.

Happy April! 
I hope you're all enjoying your weekend off as much as I am! This is my first Easter weekend off in 2 years, and I have spent it the way it should always be, with my lovely boyfriend, pooch, eating chocolate and pampering! 

I was going to do todays post on my March favourites, but as my camera lead is still lonely sitting in my flat at Uni, and my phone camera is pretty much useless, I'm going to save that one for Wednesday, when I return to my little haven for a few days to celebrate one of my friends birthdays! Cocktails at the ready! 

I've decided today to share my views on a Lush product I bought a month or so back, as I finally got around to using it last night. I'm talking about Lush's 'Secret Garden' bath ballistic. 



 'Secret Garden' bath ballistic.

As I've said, my lack of camera has meant that rather than take my own pictures of this product, I've had to borrow images from Lush's website - Sorry! 

Here is what Lush has to say on this bath bomb: 

"Here's a ballistic that's full of the joys of Spring! The beautiful fragrance comes from a blend of rose absolute, sweet wild orange and rosewood oils, giving a scent that's heady and floral but grounded with earthy tones. Inside this garden is a lovely secret - it's full of pretty petals! With rose, blue mallow and marigold, the Secret Garden blooms around you as you lie back in the scented waters. it has a frothy outer ayer too, creating a light carpet of foam to sink beneath as your cares float away."

Here is what I have to say on Secret Garden: 

At £2.50 per bomb, it's a fair price for the size, a little bit bigger than the beloved butterball. The contrasting colours of vibrant green with bright pink give it an aesthetically pleasing aspect, but that, my friends, unless you are past the age of 60, is where the good points end.

 This bomb is so floral, it's overpowering! I did think to myself that maybe it would be less overwhelming in the tub, and it was, however it then disappointed me further! first of all, the bright green and pink started to dissolve into streams of vivid colour, however after a few minutes, the colours merged and turned my bathwater dirty dishwater colour. The most unappealing green you can imagine.


I don't really know what I was expecting...but the image above from Lush's website shows it JUST before it turns into the 'creature from the swamp' colour.
Once the outer colour dissolved into it's muddy mess, another surprise (literally) came out; slimy bits of greenery. Lush describes this as flower petals, however I am not one for lying in  a bath full of foliage that smells like an OAP's perfume collection. 

Safe to say i'm glad this bomb was limited edition as it definitely shall not be added to my basket again anytime soon. I'm sorry Lush, but this is probably my least favourite Lush product ever.

Not the happiest review ever, but I felt that along with the good, comes the bad, and 
sometimes you need to speak about the bad, and this bath bomb was very, very bad. 




   

No comments:

Post a Comment